These terms set forth the terms of service under which you may use Lawverse.ca. This website was created by current and former law students and offers visitors resources for law school students in Canada and provides a forum for law students to share experiences and discuss law school related topics. By accessing or using the website of our service, you approve that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms.
Lawverse is a for-profit blog. It contains paid banner advertisements that are generated and managed by a third party network. This site also includes relevant affiliate links through Amazon. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission. This does NOT result in any additional cost to you, and the affiliate money we earn helps pay the fees to keep this site up and running – we appreciate your support. We only recommend products we genuinely like. Lawverse is in no way affiliated with any third-party website and we do not endorse any linked products, services, or websites. We have not and do not confirm the accuracy of the information for content outside of Lawverse.ca. Lawverse is not liable for the content found on third-party services and sites. We do not make any representations or warranties about the privacy and/or security of any information, including personal information and credit card information that may be requested by a third-party. Visiting or using the services of third-party websites that are linked on Lawverse.ca is at your own risk.
Use of Website
The content and materials provided on Lawverse.ca provides information and guidance about law school admissions, law school, and employment. Lawverse does not make any warranty of any kind (expressed or implied) about results that may or may not be obtained from the use of our content and materials. Lawverse does not guarantee in any way that the content and materials shared on this website will result in an acceptance to law school, improve your chances of admission to law school, assist you in law school, or lead to employment. Lawverse is purely an educational-based blog drawn from the experiences of current and former law students.
Lawverse does not represent any law school and is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, in partnership with, sponsored by, or in any way connected with any law school, government agency, company, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates. The use of any university name, trade name or trademark is for identification and reference purposes only and does not imply any association with the trademark holder.
You agree to indemnify and hold Lawverse.ca harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims, expenses or legal fees (including but not limited to, fees related to rejection from any law school, rejection from employment, or any academic failures), due to or arising out of, or in connection with your use of the website or any of the services offered on the website. Using the information and materials provided on Lawverse.ca is at your own risk.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of the materials, blogs, and content on this website without express and written permission from this site’s owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lawverse.ca with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Visitors may share blog posts and/or web pages directly using the provided share links or by sharing the URL.
You agree that by clicking “Join Now”,”Become a member”, “Sign Up” or similar (collectively referred to as “Join”), by registering, accessing or using Lawverse’s services (including the forum on Lawverse.ca) or any content or information provided as part of these services, collectively “Services”), you are entering into a legally binding agreement.
Amendment of Terms of Services
Lawverse reserves the right to change the terms of services at any time. You agree to be subject to the current terms of services each and every time you use our services. Current terms and conditions will always be published and available on our website at www.lawverse.ca/terms-of-service. You should visit this page regularly to read the Terms of Service by which you are bound.
By accessing Lawverse.ca you agree to be bound by these conditions. You agree to be solely responsible for compliance with any applicable laws. If you do not agree with these terms do not join Lawverse.ca and do not access or otherwise use any of the services on this website.
Rights & Responsibilities & User Conduct
. To use the services you must agree to the following:
- You will not share or post any confidential or proprietary information, whether acquired through employment or elsewhere.
- You will only share content and information owned by you. You will not post, share, upload, distribute or otherwise make available any files, documents, images or other content in any form (individually and collectively referred to as content) which you do not have the right to post, share and/or distribute.
- You will comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, and regulatory requirements.
- You will not share, promote or distribute content that is pornographic, obscene, discriminatory, or promotes sexism, racism, homophobia, violence, or hatred of any kind to any group or individual.
- You will not take any actions with the intention or actual effect of impeding access to the functionality of Lawverse.ca which includes but is not limited to the incitement or execution of hacking attempts or denial-of-service attacks.
- You will not post, share, submit, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute or make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, “junk mail”, “spam”, “pyramid schemes”, or any other form of solicitation unless expressly given permission by the administrators of Lawverse.ca.
- You will not use this website or any of the services to slander, bully, defame, harass, abuse, threaten, stalk, or otherwise infringe on the legal rights of others, including without limitation, the rights relating to privacy and publicity. You will not act in a libellous, discriminatory, hateful or otherwise inappropriate manner.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity, falsely state, mislead, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, school, organization, company, or entity.
- You will not post, share, distribute, link to or otherwise distribute or make available materials containing software viruses or any other type of computer code, files or programs designed to destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or steal the data or personal information of others.
- If the administrators of Lawverse.ca disable or terminate your account, you will not create another account without our explicit permission.
- You will not be dishonest or unprofessional, which may include without limitation, posting inappropriate, inaccurate or objectionable content or materials.
- You will not override any security feature of the services or access data not intended for you or log in or gain access to a server or account for which you have not been authorized to access.
- You will not harass, bully, abuse, spam or harm another person or user of this website.
- You will not send spam, junk mail, or unwanted communication to others.
- You will not copy, use, distribute, collect, or transfer any information provided by Lawverse.ca without the consent of the administrators of Lawverse.ca.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, including your profile, username, and passwords. You will not share your login credentials with any third-party. You are responsible for any and all users of your account registered on Lawverse.ca, whether or not authorized by you.
- You will not share your personal information including but not limited to, your address, phone number, email address, banking information, or SIN number with others or share the personal information of others on this website.
- You will not access, join, sign, up or otherwise use any of our services if you do not agree to this agreement.
Lawverse.ca does not warrant or guarantee that the information, materials, resources and services are error-free or that its services are free of computer viruses or other harmful instruments. If using or visiting Lawverse.ca results in the need for replacing equipment or data or incurs any other costs, Lawverse.ca is not responsible for those costs. Using Lawverse.ca is at your own risk and we do not provide any warranties of any kind. Lawverse.ca makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, effectiveness, trustworthiness, completeness, reliability or timeliness of the content, information, resources, blogs, forums, software, text, images, graphics, links and services on this website. Lawverse may terminate its services at any time.